Paying and tracking commissions for your sales reps can be a real pain, but it’s a necessary evil of running a successful sales agency. Paying commissions is one thing, but commission tracking is an added headache because of the nature of the industry and how everyone gets paid.
Why not adopt a method of commission tracking that is baked right into your order capture tool? Not only is it integrated with your order capture tool; it’s built specifically for sales agencies that sell products to retailers. That means the system understands the complexities which can sometimes exist for back office admin that have to deal with paying commissions. Here are 5 ways you can use commission tracking successfully:
- Calculate commissions automatically. With advanced commission rule settings, commission splits can be auto-applied. Choose from many different constraints such as order type (road or show), by sales location, or by supplier.
- See the big picture. Track orders that haven’t been shipped or paid, monitor credits and create reports on booked vs. shipped by agency, division, rep, customer or supplier.
- Plan for the future. Forecast payments by suppliers and apply commissions against orders accordingly.
- Email auto-generated statements to reps. Don’t make reps wait around for their money. Reps are your most important assets. Take care of them with auto-generated statements.
- Give sales reps incentives to help grow your business. Set commission rules based on date ranges and/or suppliers to create incentives for reps that rewards them for selling the right product at the right time.
With integrated sales tools built for the way you do business, you’ll not only use commission tracking successfully, but you and your sales reps will enjoy many other successes in the world of wholesale sales.
Check out the only order capture platform that includes a commission-tracking tool, Reward.